
I'm a computer maniac, so i couldn' t stay without trying new things.
Linux for me is totally unknown, but i thought to try it. I wanted to try it time ago but i was too software dependent and now that i've reached a stability vista machine it doesn't attract me as before.
Read somewhere that Linux is a life philosophy, i think it's right; the philosophy of the open source is great for me(i hope i've understand it right:). I think that is right to pay for good softwares that have a good interface or many features because somebody has worked on it, but i think that every software should have a simple opensource version; i think this is the best way to improve a software or an os.
I started yesterday with Ubuntu, the one whose interface i like most (i'm not a programmer or a developer, just a guy who knows a little bit of windows). It was easy configuring the wireless and i think i joined our home workgroup "Ghiberto"; i put a firewall (don't know if i configured it:) mp3 plugin, some other softwares and tried the desktop effects.
There are great desktop effects on Ubuntu, it's a pity i have intel graphics and i couldn't see the rotating cube (perhaps it's possible but i couldn't figured it out).
I'm a total beginner for Linux so today i decided to put on Freespire, even i don't like it very much. I think it's most near Windows and i putted Linux just to try something different, but i read it's a way to start. I think, soon i will return to Ubuntu.
No comments:
Post a Comment